Cool Stance copra is a unique horse feed low in Non Structural Carbohydrate (NSC) and high in digestible energy content. Cool Stance is packed with ‘cool’ energy from coconut oil and fiber from coconut meal. Cool Stance copra is suitable for most horses and can be fed to maintain a natural state of gut health and insulin sensitivity, i.e. normal insulin metabolism.
Cool Stance copra is made from the white part of the coconut, which has been dried, baked and ground. Totally natural and GMO free.
- Cool Stance copra has been fed as a quality product to horses for over 25 years
- Provides high-density ‘cool’ energy from oil and digestible fiber (1630 calories/lbs. DM).
- Contains <2% starch and may reduce the effect of hot or fizzy behavior in horses
- Contains < 11% Non-Structural Carbohydrates (NSC) making it a low GI (glycemic index) feed
- Contains coconut oil, which is a saturated oil and is not prone to rancidity or oxidation
- Rich in Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) which are absorbed directly into the portal blood and provide readily digestible energy. MCT are unlike most other oils (soy, corn, and flax seed) which are polyunsaturated, and are slowly digested
- MCT are thought to maintain a healthy gut
- Provides a balanced supply of protein and energy
- Highly palatable, even for picky eaters
- May lead to a better body, hoof, and coat condition
- Reduces hay requirement
- May help to avoid metabolic disorders (tying up, laminitis, colic, EMS).